Monday, 2 February 2009

A Little Less Waffling

Ok...I'll stop with the Belgian puns soon. :)

I reached the end of week 2, crowned by a sweet moment when I was cycling down a long hill with the cool night wind in my face, and cobblestone jiggling my bicycle below, with a great big grin on my face, thinking "this is good".

My first days may have been a little hard, but it's only gotten better and better since then.

By the end of this week, I was able to say I got a bicycle (on loan), found a compatible housemate and two excellent potential apartment options, signed up for a French course, conquered the post office, grocery store and laundromat (proudly using a few words of French!), made some friends, began to feel that I had something to offer to my job, and started to feel at home. So I'm not "waffling" quite so much about whether I indeed made a wise decision to come here.

Aside from all the adventure of settling in, I've been enjoying the solitude of living on my own for a while, and have just finished a back-dated post on my trip to Egypt, which is posted chronologically down below, or click on the highlighted words.

No comments: