I have an important clarification to make. Anyone who has known me for any substantial length of time is likely to have had a conversation with me at some point about the distinction between fruits and vegetables; an enlightening conversation inevitably peppered with profound insights like - "yes! - then of course a zucchini is also a fruit!" and "did you know that a banana is 3 fused berries?" or "no, no, then that would be a legume". (If you haven't, I'd be happy to oblige sometime as I revert to my days of expanding the minds of eager young children as a nature guide).

Anyhow, I was apalled to discover a most egregious error on my part in my last post where I referred to Uganda's green bananas as an appropriate "national vegetable", when in fact, this would need to be the "national
fruit", because even though they're not sweet, nor yellow, and you can fry them up with onions and eat them like a potatoe, they are nonetheless, officially, technically,
fruit. My humble apologies for this nomenclatural error.
2 comments:
I hesitate to mention this but knowing how passionate you are about the subject and your penchant for perfectionism, i am sure you would like to be aware that you have miss-spelled potato.
Gasp!!! Perhaps I need to post another post to ammend this!
Post a Comment